31 Dec 2012

WW4BB Presents: Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy by J.A. London

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 5:33:00 pm

Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn, #1)Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I picked these these to post because they sounded like my kind of books so I put them on my to read list and I just finally got to them yesterday I read them in one sitting they were so good! I often come across books that sound intriguing to me and I have to read them..lol... I haven't read a good vampire book series in awhile either not since the House of Comarré Series by Kristen Painter which was a totally rockin series had a totally different feel from this one. Where the Comarré where blood slaves where these people are on their own basically prisoners in towns of their own making of of their own choice because to go outside the walls is to go in vampire Territory. every so often they make blood donations to the vampire overlord outside the wall but people who give blood are not forced to do so. If they do give blood then the vampires do not enter the city and the humans don't go in vampire territory.



I really enjoyed the series and I really enjoyed the characters. Dawn is a very well rounded character very mature for her age because she has been forced to grow up quickly in a world that isn't safe if your out past dark. She has lost much in her life and has taken on very much responsibility for her young age but she is strong and confident and has the heart to see things through.



I really liked Victor I think out of all the main characters he was my favorite. He has a good heart and he and Dawn have a lot in common. They have the same goals and same vison when it comes to what they want to do with the people and vampire nations and I think if they worked together hard enough they could see it though.



Micheal and Teagan where also awesome characters very loyal hardworking and dedicated to the cause. Micheal drove me a little crazy at times with his ranting and stuff but at his core is a good guy and a great friend.



And the bad guys? you couldn't have asked for better bad guys. creepy or what! I totally loved these books and couldn't put them down until they had be read through! I was up til 1 in the morning finishing the second. I can't wait for the next one! J.A. London is now one of my fav authors! I was truly hooked from the first word and I bow down to you!

View all my review

Only sunlight can save us.

We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.

After the death of my parents, it's up to me--as the newest delegate for humanity--to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine... or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.

Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever.



There's nowhere left to hide.

I thought vampires were our enemies - they controlled our lives, isolated our cities, and demanded our blood - until I met Victor. With Victor taking over as the new Lord Valentine, things were supposed to get better. Instead, they're worse than ever.

Day Walkers, a new breed of vampires who can walk in the sun, are terrorizing the city. Blood supplies are low, and if Victor's vampires don't get enough, they will become infected with the Thirst - a disease that will turn them into mindless killers.

To stop it, I must journey across the desolate wasteland to the very place where the sickness began. I can only hope that the answers that await me are enough to save us all... before it's too late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips