21 Feb 2013

WW4BB Presents: Primal Creatures by Eic Wilder

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 10:39:00 am

Primal Creatures by Eric Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a really awesome book! It isn't really what I would normally read as I am not much into P.I stories but this one caught my attention right away as well as the fantastic cover. Eric Wilder is a superb writer I felt like I was immersed inside the story and my heart pumped right along with the characters.

My favorite Characters would have to be Jean Pierre and Landry their witty banter made me laugh even when things were at their worst for the characters and they were defiantly people who I would like as friends.

the Story starts out with a P.I. named Wyatt whose pretty much down on his luck when the case of a life time falls in his lap, 50 miles South of New Orleans on Goose Island is a Monastery the home of Tracists Monks. The Monastery also doubles as a resort and spa for Actors, Writers, etc. in the Hollywood Industry. When one of these people turn up dead and torn apart P.I Wyatt Thomas is hired to find out who did it and why, only he finds a lot more then he bargains for as the local Voodoo woman tells Wyatt that he is up against a rougarou, a Cajun werewolf, and there is no way to kill one. Are the locals just a little loopy and wild animals kill the man instead? or is there really a rougarou on Goose Island? Wyatt doesn't know but with the help of his friends he is going to find out cause no one else is going to die on his watch.

This was the third book I believe that Eric has written about the P.I Wyatt Thomas with City of Spirits and Big Easy being the other two and I admit now that I have read this one I am curious about the others and will have to get them as well....lol....fantastic book and a definite read for one and all!

View all my reviews
 
Though only forty miles south of New Orleans, Goose Island may as well be in another world. Five feet out of the shallow waters of south Louisiana's wetlands, the secluded island is home of the Tracists Monastery. It's also a resort frequented by actors, screenwriters, and powerful people in the burgeoning Louisiana film industry. When a heinous death occurs on the island, a movie producer hires Wyatt Thomas, the French Quarter's favorite sleuth, to find out whom or what killed the victim. Was it wild dogs or a rougarou (Cajun werewolf) as the local voodoo woman tells Wyatt? His own life threatened, he must first survive the killer (or maybe killers), and the deadly hurricane taking direct aim at the monastery. Primal Creatures is the third novel in the Wyatt Thomas French Quarter Mystery Series that includes Big Easy, and City of Spirits.

2 comments:

Thank you for joining Show Some Love Friday! First, I love your blog and I'm sure I'll be visiting quite often. I've added this novel to my wishlist...I enjoy anything with New Orleans and the macabre! You may be interested in my other blog I just created where I review just Horror Fiction:
http://midnight-thrillers.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

your very welcome Kimberly! your site is amazing by the way and I am glad that you like mine! I also checked out the one you provided above and love it as well!

I too enjoy anything to do with New Orleans and Louisiana and suspect I lived and died there in a previous life.

Paranormal books are my life and I don't know what I would do without them!

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips