12 Dec 2013

WW4BB & AYWT Presents: Sliding Beneath the Surface by Doug Dillon is FREE for 5 DAYS ONLY!!!!

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 12:45:00 am
















Title: Sliding Beneath the Surface
The St. Augustine Trilogy: Book I
Author: Doug Dillon
Release Date: August 24, 2011
Print Length: 166 Pages
Genre: YA Paranormal
Presented by: As You Wish Tours

Hello St. Augustine Fans! Let’s not forget the YA Paranormal Fans!
For THESE days, the Kindle version for Sliding Beneath the Surface [The St. Augustine Trilogy: Book II] will be available FOR FREE on Amazon.com—a special promotion. Those days will be December 12 - 14 . Spread the word and tell everyone you know about this wonderful opportunity.



BLURB

In America’s oldest and most haunted city, St. Augustine, Florida, Teenager Jeff Golden is in trouble. Horrible dreams won’t let him sleep, and he is up to his eyeballs in terrifying, paranormal experiences.

Finally, Jeff turns to his girlfriend Carla, and Lobo, the mysterious Native American shaman, for help. But what he discovers is a lot more than he bargained for.

A ghostly presence linked to a local historic cemetery is not only threatening Jeff’s sanity but his life as well. And before he knows what’s happening, Jeff finds both himself and Carla pulled into one of the nastiest and bloody events in Florida history. It is a place from which they may never escape.



EXCERPT

“Take it easy,” I said in a soft voice, but even so, her fingers gripped my left shoulder like a vice. “I‘m with you and it‘s OK,” I told her. Of course that was a bunch of crap, but what else was I going to say?
“You … weren‘t kidding, were you Golden Boy?” Carla finally managed to say, her voice really shaky and not just from being cold. Again, she looked all around, but her grip on my shoulder hadn‘t let up one bit.
“Nope, I wasn‘t kidding,” I replied taking a deep breath. “Welcome to my weird world.”
“Dear Lord, Jeff, you described it to me … but seeing it for real is … unbelievable.”
“Tell me about it,” I replied. I stood up then, making sure I kept my eyes on the road. I had to stop sitting on that wet ground. Carla did the same, but as she rose, she kept staring at something behind me. “What?” I asked, turning to look for myself.
“This is it,” Carla said, her voice barely a whisper. “This is where the battle is going to take place.”
With a chill of recognition, I had to agree with her. Lobo‘s description of the battle site included a pond with tall grass—exactly what was in front of us. I felt as if eyes were watching me from behind, on the other side of the road where I now knew the Seminoles hid. My breath caught in my throat as I again tried to figure out what to do.
From far down the road to our left, way beyond where we could see, a dog barked. Lobo hadn‘t said anything about dogs. Carla‘s eyes widened even more than they were before. I‘m sure mine must done the same thing. At that point though, I had no doubt over 100 soldiers would soon be coming up the road from the direction of the dog bark—right into the ambush.
Dream world or not, this was our reality and our lives depended on what we did or didn‘t do, you know?

AUTHOR BIO

A former award winning educator, Doug writes about things paranormal and historical. His interest in the paranormal comes from personal experiences as detailed in the nonfiction adult book he and wife wrote titled, An Explosion of Being: An American Family's Journey into the Psychic. Out of those events and extensive historical research, he then created Sliding Beneath the Surface for young adults, Book I of the St. Augustine Trilogy. Doug set his trilogy in the oldest and most haunted city in the United States, St. Augustine, Florida. Books II and III of the trilogy are on the way.

AUTHOR LINKS

BOOK LINKS

Giveaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips